Monday, January 9, 2012

Starting Anew

Today I wanted to write about how bad my morning was, how grumpy I was, and how poorly my classes were going.  However, I read a few other blog posts, like this one from Michelle, and realized that I needed to tell Satan, "Shut up and leave me alone!"  So I did that and things have gone better.  I'm still tired and a little under the weather.  I'm still not happy with how this quarter has played out, but I'm going to plan next quarter better.  I'm going to go to bed early tonight and I'm going to take some medicine when I get home.  Now that we have dispensed with my childish whining fit, we can get on to the good stuff.

Last night we started a new small group at our house.  While I love our church, it is woefully lacking in small groups.  So Drew and another friend of his started one.  We had 8 there including 2 kids.  Ben and a kindergarten daughter of another couple played together pretty well after he started sharing well.  The adults discussed things weighing heavy on our hearts presently, past victories, and future goals.  We got to know each other better and encouraged each other.  It just felt like the right group of people that night.  I am blown away at how God can orchestrate events.  He put those specific people together for that time and it just felt like a little slice of heaven.

As much as I enjoy my blogging community, I needed some tangible relationships.  I needed people that I can see face to face and discuss my problems.  I needed people who I can hear them tell their story.  I needed a smiling face at church that knows my victory for the week or a pat on the back of someone who knows my struggle.  I am so thankful that God has put these people together for this time.  It was really like comfy overstuffed chair.  I settled in for some relaxation and a good story.  Praise God because I got both of those things and so much more.

On a related note, I am not having caffeine that late again.  Seeing 2:30 and 6:30 in the same night has made for a long day!

How has your Monday been?  Did you get to spend time with people who know and who care?  

2 comments:

  1. I loved our small group before Christms and I understand what you mean about it being a comfy chair!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete