Thursday, January 26, 2012

Renewing my mind

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I shouldnt compare myself to others. (Now you are thinking, "Wow!  Way to state the obvious." Stick with me though.)  I know that and have known that for a long time.  However when I actually stopped doing that amazing things happened.  I have pitched 2 story compilation ideas.  1 to my pastor and 1 to some friends.  They all loved it and I've started the process of gathering stories.  I even started the preface of one.  I am getting up earlier.  I am getting more creative with clothes and putting on make up.  I am generally feeling better about myself.  I'm even getting ahead on blog posts.  I started looking less at myself and more at others.  I gave more grace and love out.

When I stopped looking at me, then I saw others more clearly.  After all when I was doing all that comparing, I kept looking back at myself.  I couldn't enjoy the beauty of Casey's heart and liveliness of Jen's space.  I couldn't enjoy the life updates of my parents.  Those even somehow became negative in the light of my self centered focus.  So I stopped thinking about me and started doing something about the stuff I didn't like.  I downloaded an app to my Blackberry that makes pictures all pretty.  So now my plain looking photos can be spiffed up.




































I'm changing my internal script and some pretty amazing stuff is happening.  God made me special with who I am and I need to focus more on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment