Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday is my Muse 1-2

As you all may have read and seen, this blog has undergone a bit of a transformation.  As such, some of the content will be transformed as well.  On Mondays I have been posting a poem or other artistic endeavor, mostly my own, but sometimes not.  Posting something original once a week is hard and it may not always have to do with the relationships through stories focus that I now have.  As such, I will be posting an original poem on Mondays when they are stories about relationships.  I happen to have one this Monday and I'm pretty pleased with it.


Forgiveness

I told you my secrets
I told you my sins
I told you my past
And invited you in.

Now you laugh in face
And accuse me of lies.
My choice is before me
Mercy and grace or cut the ties

God, I know what I want
what my sinful heart chooses,
But I can't leave it at that
Because everyone loses

So I put me aside
And pick up Your cloak
I put it on and
Take up Your yoke

It begins as a heavy weight
I pray through the pain
And come to the end
I discover it is gain

I am better and stronger
The yoke is light
The end has just begun
To bring a new sight

My vision clears and
I see with Your eyes
I view the panorama
And leave behind the goodbyes


Creative Commons License
Forgiveness by Andrea Ward is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment