Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday is my Muse 12-12


My 8th grade students are working on various projects.  Some of them picked an artist profile as one of their projects.  They have to find various information about a Spanish/Hispanic visual artist.  After finding the information, they need pick 2 pieces of art and tell me what they think it means.  This is not easy for an 8th grader, but I'm really enjoying the opportunity to stretch their brain.  One of my students picked Joan Miró.  I could not even hope to come up with the genius things he comes up with, so I'm not going to try.  I'll display some of them on here and sigh about how great they are.  Enjoy!

Joan Miró. Harlequin's Carnival.

Joan Miró. Harlequin's Carnival. 1924-25. Oil on canvas. 66 x 93 cm. Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY, USA. 


Joan Miró. The Birth of the World.


Joan Miró. The Birth of the World. Oil on canvas. 1925. 251 x 200 cm. The Museum of Modern Arts, New York, NY, USA.


Joan Miró. Person Throwing a Stone at a Bird.


Joan Miró. Person Throwing a Stone at a Bird. 1926. Oil on canvas. 73.7 x 92 cm. The Museum of Modern Arts, New York, NY, USA.


Joan Miró. Dutch Interior I.


Joan Miró. Dutch Interior I. 1928. Oil on canvas. 91.8 x 73 cm. The Museum of Modern Arts, New York, NY, USA


Joan Miró. Blue II.


Joan Miró. Blue II. 1961. Oil on canvas. 270 x 355 cm. Musée National d'Art Moderne, Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, France. 


Joan Miró. The Gold of the Azure.


Joan Miró. The Gold of the Azure. 1967. oil on canvas. 205 x 173.5 cm. Fundació Joan Miró, Barcelona, Spain.


What do you think they mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment