Saturday, November 12, 2011

Good Stuff Saturday 11-12



Compassion  Six things I learned from a local church in Peru This is a short genuine article that teaches/ reminds me about poverty and the people in it.

Compassion What is Poverty? A photo journey through poverty.  Powerful and ultimately hopeful.

DRGT: Just Wondering When God asks you questions: Do you believe?  I never knew Lazarus was so much like me.  Read this and see if he isn't like you too.

My heart belongs to Jesus...citizen of the world Teaching me to pray  Kristen regularly posts amazing things.  This one makes me rethink how I pray.  I need to do it like this!

My heart belongs to Jesus...citizen of the world  What's in a name: Part 2  Since reading this, I can't get it out of my head.  I haven't heard anything this direct and simple before when discussing names.  I am fascinated with this idea.  Parts 1 and 3 are also pretty great.  Check those out too.

Stuff Christians Like Hearing your name for the first time  I also read this one that same day.  It's funny how people post the same idea on the same day.  It's like God is trying to tell me something.  This is a name God calls us all.  It is still so intimate and powerful.

This is my blog Never 'just' anything  With Veteran's Day/ Remembrance Day upon us this week, Kim has been sharing her thoughts.  You should read this one.  So often we think of Veteran's Day/ Remembrance Day as just a "Thank You" to our soldiers.  But there is more to it than just that.  Read this, watch the video, and then thank a veteran.

The Handwritten Too many distractions  Let's make sure we are listening to the right things.

A Deeper Story Sharing the hallelujah  An intriguing story that I'm not quite sure what to make of it.  There is so much in me that says, YES!  And some that says, Hm...  Read it and see what you think.

Somewhere in the Middle  Penn State, JoePa, and POTSC  Some rationality and grace in a heart wrenching situation.

A Deeper Story Lest we forget  A wonderful post about what Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment