Friday, October 7, 2011

Thankful

This week has been a rough week.  I fought with at least 4 students at various times this week.  Classes in general have been loud and lazy.  There has been tension among the faculty and as a co-chair of SIT (School Improvement Team), I feel like I needed to do something about it.  Yesterday after school I had a headache, which is unusual for me.  I so wanted to tweet about how bad I felt and how tired I was.  I really, really wanted to complain, but I didn't.  I tried choosing joy.*  I even said those words to myself.

I came home and the boys were visiting a friend.  So I got silence.  I also got a snack and a couple minutes to sit down in my comfy clothes with a book.  They came home and shortly thereafter Drew took Ben to play outside.  So I even got a few minutes to rest, which helped my headache.  Drew cooked supper, like normal, and helped me give Ben a bath.  After that, Ben chilled and watched some videos of himself.  He also played quietly and by himself with his newly rediscovered car racing ramp.  I got to read a little more.  I also chatted, via text, with a friend who I hadn't talked to in a while.  I relaxed!  I even thought, "What day is tomorrow?"  I was so relaxed I wasn't even thinking about Friday, the end of the work week.

I am so thankful for a job that allows my husband to pamper me and for a husband who will pamper me!

*This link was not working earlier.  If it doesn't when you are reading this, try this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment