Sunday, May 8, 2011

Paradise?

You may have noticed I didn't post last week. It wasn't really on purpose. I couldn't really think of anything to say. So many people posted about the death of Osama bin laden and I didn't want to. I have my opinions, but I didn't feel like airing them here. We went on vacation last weekend, so I tried to catch up from that and tried to get Ben back in a routine. Even one night away from home seems to be enough to throw him off. I had to have a difficult conversation this week. (It went well by the way.) I have also been focusing on my prayer time as well. It seems like with all that going on I would have something to say. However I didn't, so I didn't post.

Today I have a quick thought. I have more thoughts for later this week in a longer post. (See I'm making up for it with 2 posts this week.) While our PowerPoint presentation was being readied for church this morning, I saw a desktop picture of a beach resort type area. I thought that looks like paradise. Then I thought, that's a rather narrow view of paradise. Yes everyone's ideal place is different. I'm sure our dreaming places and our real places are even different. Whatever our different ideas are, our Paradise is quite different from whatever we might experience here. So maybe I need to start rethinking my definition of paradise.


The photo was like this:
Is this really paradise?

No comments:

Post a Comment