So with all of this going through my head, I stopped (or probably God told me to) and started to look at the little things. So here are the 10 good things that happened Tuesday night in no particular order:
1. Ben picked up Daddy's headphones and tried to put them in his ears.
2. He was playing lightly with one of his drumsticks on the TV. I told him no. He kept doing it. I walked over to him. He turned around and handed it to me with a big smile. I worked really hard on not smiling back.
3. He loves climbing in and out of the bathtub while he holds my hand, which is cute. And when I washed his hair I got to give him a little do.
4. He helped me clean the kitchen. He 'mopped' it.
5. I love watching him sit in his little rocking chair and rock. For some reason he insists on sitting in the kitchen and rocking.
6. He laid down beside Abbey on her bed. I'm not sure she was too excited, but it was cute to see.
7. His 3rd treatment went really well. Drew and I got to sit down together and sing songs and talk to him while it was going on. A little family bonding time is always a good thing.
8. His dinner consisted of chicken (I picked) and Marshmallow Mateys (he picked). Later when Drew and I ate, he wanted applesauce and cheese.
(No, he didn't eat all that food. The dog had a real good dinner too.)
9. He said 'hi' and 'funny'. I don't have voice files for it, but trust me. It is really cute.
10. When we said our prayers, he repeated Katie(our missionary friend) and Bonnie (one of my pregnant friends.) I love knowing he is listening while we are praying before bed. Incidentally, Katie is a new favorite word.
The week didn't necessarily get better because he slept really poorly and we all were SUPER exhausted, but my attitude was better. Now it is Friday and we have survived. We are home owners and he got a clean bill of health from the doctor. Give thanks to the Lord.