Friday, March 11, 2011

'Parent' Moment

I had a 'parent' moment today.  One of those times you stop and go, "WOW, I really just did that!  This kid is getting to me!"  To set the scene before I divulge the moment, I was furiously grading papers from my college class, so I could return those tonight.  I had to be gone by no later than 4:40 and it was quickly approaching that time.  I saw the end in sight.  Two notebooks left!  I can do this!  I flew through them in record time, signed out, gathered my stuff to leave, and then it happened.  I started singing, "Knock, Knock Joke of the Day," as if it were a popular song that would run through someone's head.  I stopped and then thought, "Oh My Gosh, I just sang a Yo Gabba Gabba song.

I had a similar one yesterday.  A student said, "I like to dance."  We are working on sentences that use "I like, he likes, etc."  When I heard them say that, I literally stopped and looked back at them.  The first thing I thought was, "Why are they quoting Yo Gabba Gabba?"  Then after a few seconds, I realized they were talking about a sentence they were putting on their project.

So this morning and I am wondering if you have ever had a 'parent' moment?  Tell me about it because I would really like to know I'm not the only person out there who does this.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment