Thursday, December 23, 2010

Good blog topic?

So I guess December has been a little busy because I haven't posted a blog since Dec. 9th.  I haven't forgotten about you all, I just haven't had much to say.  I'm sure that seems odd with it being Christmas.  This time of year everyone wants to share their traditions and stories.  So shouldn't I have lots to say about all this?  Not really.  Maybe I'm just not in the "Christmas" spirit.  I really don't have lots to say about Christmas.  I love this time of year, the decorations, the giving that you see from people, the family time, and the freedom to talk about Christ.  However, all of this doesn't seem to be like a good blog post.  What does seem like a good blog post?  Bowel movements!

Ben has begun to grab himself when he is pooping.  This is a good thing because that means, he is beginning to realize what he is doing.  So when I see him grab himself, I take him to the potty and we wipe and flush the toilet.  However, he doesn't like the potty so much.  Not surprising considering he could easily fall in.  So today we are going to get him a potty.  This is a pretty momentous step.  Ben is really growing up fast and now he's even starting potty training.  I'm not sure we are ready for this, but evidently he is.  I'm not really sure what the next step is or what kind of time table to expect.  I'm kind of expecting him to let us know what is next.

So the big news around our house is not what Christmas presents we might get or Christmas plans.  It is that Ben is starting potty training.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this transition is as easy as pooible for you all. I know it is a big step. But ben is smart he will catch on soon! -jordan

    ReplyDelete