I thought I would share a few observations I have noticed about myself recently.
You know you're becoming Southern when...
1. Sweet Tea at 8 am sounds like a good idea.
2. Sweet Tea involves as much Sweet as it does Tea
3. You call your purse a 'pocketbook'
4. Grits are good.
5. You think you really do need bread and milk when it snows.
6. You think college sports really are the best.
7. Going to a yard sale at 7am on Saturday sounds like fun. (Maybe that's just Catawba County?)
8. You use the phrase 'bless her heart" in conversation.
Okay, so I just threw the last few. I can't say that I actually do those, but it sounded good. However, I have noticed how attached I have become to sweet tea and then the other day I called my purse a pocketbook. And I thought, "Whoa, that was weird." Also I recently began to discover the wonder that are grits.
I was hoping to come up with 10 because that sounded like a good round number. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at 8. So anything you think I missed?