Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas

So if you read my other blog, you will see that I didn't have much to say about Christmas. Well I guess I lied because now it seems that I do have something to say. Christmas is really a very special and happy time around the world. When you stop to think about why, you might say all the feel good movies, the festive songs, the good food, the traditions, the decorations, the family time, the spirit of generosity, etc., etc. All of those are good things, but the real answer lies in the reason for the season, the birth of Jesus. All of those things come from love of something or from something. That love is really Jesus. Here we are 2000 or so years later and despite many efforts to the contrary Jesus is still pervading everything we do and say and feel. His birth 2000 years ago is still bringing love into this world today.

God entered the world in the form of Jesus. The eternal stepped out of Heaven and entered Time. He came knowing he would die with the sin of the world weighing on him. He knew he would be rejected and suffer, but he came anyway. He did it all for us. He did it because he LOVED us. He came in an unexpected way even though it was foretold he would come. People today can argue about how we celebrate it, what we say about it, and even when we celebrate it. Call me crazy, but I don't think any of that matters. We are commemorating the time that God entered the world as a baby and changed all of history. We are commemorating the time that God showed us how much he loved us. Is there anyway we can wrap our human minds around this event? I don't think so and I'm not even going to try. I'm just going to stop and say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment