Monday, October 18, 2010

Grocery Stores

I didn't have time at the same moment I had an idea for last week's blog, so you got nothing.  Sorry.  I'll make up for it this week by regaling you with my deep thoughts!

Grocery stores have really made it all so much easier for us to be humanitarian and help save the world.  We were at Food Lion last week and right there at the check out they had bags of candy.  For an extra dollar, you could donate a bag of candy to (insert some helpful group here).  They also quite often have little slips of paper where you can donate $1, $5, or $10 to some worthy cause.  It doesn't get much easier than that to help out.  At the end of your shopping trip, does $1 make that much of a difference.  Probably not, so throw an extra dollar on the tab and help save the world.

Yes I know, this is short and you are thinking, "It took 2 weeks to come up with this?"

The answer is yes, it took 2 weeks to come up with this.  But just stop a minute and think about 10 years ago, did we see grocery stores stepping up to make a difference.  I didn't.  It is just so refreshing to see that big chains are taking the time to bring these issues and humanitarian groups to the American consciousness.  I think it is nice to see and I wanted to say so.  And now I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment