Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Turning 30

While some might stress and freak out about 30, I really haven't thought much about it.  It is just a number and I'll be getting to different numbers in the coming years.  However, this weekend did seem a little more 'epic' than I imagined it would be.  This weekend was the first time in a long time that Ben slept away from us.  And so that was a bit of an 'epic' moment for him.  For Drew and I it was the first time in a long time that we got to spend quality time together.  We watched a movie and went out to eat without worrying about if he was yelling and bothering other tables or watching him run around in front of us while we are trying to watch a movie. Saturday we went to the Momentum Concert/Convention.  Some of the girls from youth and I saw Britt Nicole speak, went to Coldstone with Drew to celebrate my b-day and then went to the Momentum Concert.
That was just the fun stuff this weekend.  It did feel like some big things were happening this weekend.  Britt Nicole's message was to prepare yourself for the big doors that God might be opening.  The worship time with 7Miles and Thrid Day was very special and I think was the beginning of a heart for ministry for me.  I didn't really understand what that meant until this weekend.  I'm not sure that I truly understand it yet, but I'm beginning to.  And then on Sunday Katie Hawkins spoke about her heart for ministry and going overseas to Albania.  She was speaking about the place where God uses your talents and passions and answers your questions.  That is where you can best serve his kingdom.  While I don't know that place yet, I do know that God will be using me in different ways in the future and I need to prepare for that.  And maybe more than just preparing for God's plan for me, I am excited about what that plan might be.
So I am now 30 and I'm looking forward to whatever else might be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment