Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The little things that matter

People always compliment us on Ben's smile or his laugh or being a happy baby, but those aren't the things that I love best.  There are so many little intimate moments that really take my breath away.  So many times that I am amazed at God's creation and the part he has given me in making his creation flourish.

Like when he's first waking up, I love watching him stretch and rub his eyes.  He'll sit up, look at me, and reach for me to get him out of his crib.  I also love when he's watching one of his TV shows in my lap and we talk about what's going on.  He's so still watching it that I can get right there with him and whisper about what's going on.  I love watching him in the car (not when I'm driving).  He loves looking around and he'll crane his neck to see more of what is going on outside of the car.  When he does that, he opens his mouth and looks like he's just amazed by it all.

One of his current favorite toys is his alphabet djembe type drum.  He can turn it to music, dancing, or alphabet in both Spanish and English.  He likes playing with those controls just to push those buttons.  He doesn't quite get what they do, but he pushes them until he gets what he wants.  He likes the alphabet part being on.  He sits down on Drew's bean bag and then kicks his feet and wiggles his butt until he's perfectly situated.  Then he puts the drum between his legs and hits it as many times in a row as he can.  He can go from A to S in about 5 seconds.  The whole sitting and getting comfy and playing his drum process is so cute to watch. 

So while I enjoy my son's laugh and how happy he is.  I really love those moments that just Daddy and I get to see.  Those intimate moments of life are very special and I am blessed to be a part of them.  Praise God for those little things he gives us every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment