We finally got to go back and visit my family in IL for a long weekend. While I could write a long blog detailing everything we did I think I'll just list some highlights.
In no particular order...
1. I learned Ben loves baked beans. He ate them when we went out to eat with a friend, Teressa, and at the 4th celebration.
2. Ben got a Fredbird stuffed animal and a new Cardinals shirt.
3. Drew got ice cream in helmet.
4. We got have a cook out at my brother's house before the game.
5. Ben also loves meatballs, at least the ones Grandpa made.
6 Ben played with Asia, my grandparent's dog, and Kodiak, my brother's dog.
7. We heard a great sermon and a great celebration of the military at First UMC in Fairfield. We even got to visit a little bit.
8. Ben got to feed some ducks and himself. He didn't quite get the concept of throwing the bread. : )
9. Ben got to meet some cousins for the first time and he got to play with lots of kids. He even kinda played with a couple of them instead of by himself.
10. I got to visit with LOTS of family and friends that I hadn't seen in a while.
11. I got to have some great conversations with my parents just about random stuff, but it was a good time.
12. I learned how to play a new game, Cornhole. It's a bean bag toss game. Drew is up like 4 games to 0 on my dad.
13. I got to meet the new man in a friend's life and hang out some without children. That was awesome.
14. I rode in a Beamer for the first time. Pretty impressive little car.
15. I got to see my aunt's new house.
And some low lights....
1. The car needed a new starter.
2. The car needed new front tires.
3. The car needed a new battery.
4. The Cardinals played some of the worst baseball I have ever seen. Thank goodness Ben won't remember that.
5. The drive home was VERY long with several stops. 10 hours with a 1 year old on the road is a rough day!
And finally some pictures...