Sunday, November 9, 2008

Long time, no speak

London Fog coat with the foot cover thing on it and the mittens. Left over cake from the shower. Aren't the booties cute?
Carseat with the visor up
A few outfits
BouncerDiaper Bag

For those of you who check this regularly, Dad, sorry it's been so long. Not that much interesting stuff has been going on, but I'll update you anyway.

Last Friday I had a food day in class for Day of the Dead. I was really impressed that the students brought food and didn't make a real big mess. They pretty much paid attention and had some good questions about it. I was pleased with them.

Last weekend Drew and I went shopping and found Ben a coat and some mittens. We got the coat from Once Upon a Child. It's a London Fog coat and it was only like $8. We love it! We had to find him mittens and we got those at The Children's Place in the mall.
This week in class we've been working on family trees and family words. I had to update mine, so I've bugged Mom a few times. She's known everything I asked her, except for Uncle Eldon's middle name, but I found it somewhere else. It's Lynn by the way. Next week, we're workig on the Family Scrapbook. I'm excited to see what they come up with.
This Friday I had a doctor's appointment and it all went well. I had my sugar test, so I had to wait an hour and then have my blood tested. All the tests came back okay. While I was waiting, I saw the FNP and she measured my stomach and listened to the baby's heartbeat. It was about 140, which is normal. He was moving around some when she was listening. She commented that he punched at her at one point. I guess he didn't like being listened to. :) Drew and I went to the mall for a cheap date. We walked around and ate at Chic-fil-a. It was fun and good excercise for me.
Saturday Drew and I went to CJ's, his grandpa, church for their monthly breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, and grits. Good stuff!! Then I went to the baby shower my department had for me at Frau's house. It was fun to relax and chat with them all and not have to get back to class right away. They got me the carseat that I registered for, as well as the taco salad, cake, brie, and bread. I'll post pictures of the carseat and the cake.

While I was there, Drew was taking out almost everything from the front part of his car. The good news is that it's all fixable. So he has his winter project. After he got cleaned up, we went to Morganton to go bowling and get some pizza with our Sunday School class. Bowling was pretty easy being 6 months pregnant. The hardest part was the fact that the ball was about 4 pounds less than I am used to bowling with. I bowled a 74 or something. Drew bowled a great game. He got a 134 with 2 strikes and 3 spares. After bowling we went to Andy and Erin's house and got some pizza. We were supposed to bring dessert and forgot it at home, so we went to the store and got some. We got a Boston Cream Cake. It was great!!!
Today, I put the carseat together. It mostly came together. I just had to put the canopy part together and put the pad on it. I read up on how to use it and secure it in there and all that. The owner's manual was really detailed. I was impressed.
Ben has been kicking up a storm. He really gets to kicking first thing in the morning and when I'm hungry. Drew got to feel him kicking really good last weekend. He's felt him a few other times as well. The nurse Friday mentioned that I only have 14 weeks left. I can't believe it's been 26 weeks already. It'll be here before we know it.
Speaking of being hungry, I am and he's kicking, so I should go. I'll try to make it not so long next time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I HATED that sugar test, I almost passed out by the time they got to me! So glad to hear that everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby clothes those are adorable! I did a family tree in seventh grade and I know how much work that can be. Hope you enjoyed doing it! -jordan

    ReplyDelete